Godly Play is a montessori approach to telling Bible and Liturgical Stories using hand-crafted figures or objects.
A Godly Play session includes a time to:
- get ready
- tell a story using objects and artefacts
- explore the story more with open ‘wondering’ questions and discussion
- respond with a free choice using a variety of materials – art… silence… play… writing…
- enjoy a simple feast and sharing
How to find out more about Godly Play….
- You can see Godly Play in action by requesting a taster session in your church or school from one of the local advocates, Trudie or Fiona. They want to support your practice and help with queries.
Revd. Trudie Morris (covering the Western half of the Diocese)
Fiona Prentice (covering the Eastern side of the Diocese)
- Drop in to our quarterly network support meetings for the Norfolk & Norwich area (sign up to the CYF e-newsletter to be sent details, or search on the Diocese of Norwich events page)
- You can find training and events and more information on the Godly Play UK website.
- You can watch Godly Play stories on the US Godly Play Foundation You Tube channel.
- The Children, Youth & Families Resource Centre has a wide collection of Godly Play sets available for loan. Sign up for annual membership (£25)