Welcome to the
Diocesan Board of Education
Welcome to the Diocesan Board of Education schools pages.
As at 1st April 2018 there are 111 Schools, Academies and DNEAT Academies within our Diocese. The Diocese has 39 Voluntary Aided schools, 40 Voluntary Controlled schools, 1 Foundation schools, 1 Academy and 30 DNEAT Academies. These 111 Schools and Academies represent more than half of Norfolk's small schools and serve a quarter of the young people in the Diocese, some 16,942 young people in total (as at January 2018).
Follow the link below to see our Education Strategy 2018 - 2023
Education Strategy 2018-2023 (.pdf / 765kb)
If you are interested in finding out more about the Diocese of Norwich Education and Academies Trust (DNEAT) please click on the Academies link to the left of this page.
See the latest school vacancies here.
View a map of all the schools or a list of schools are available below:
We enrich, serve and support schools and academies:
- distinctiveness and ethos
- through training for clergy, parishes, teachers and governors
And provide professional advice on:
- buildings and accommodation
- headteacher recruitment
- strategic planning
- academy conversions
- NEW SIAMS schedule and information for the new framework effective from September 2018. Relevant new information is available from the Church of England Education Office website. Please access this here
- NEW document from the Church of England Education Office "Embracing Change: Rural and Small Schools (March 2018) is available here
- NEW document from Church of England Education Office " Valuing All Gods Children". This guidance is for all Church of England schools on challenging homophobic, biphobic and transphobic bullying. The document is available here
- regulations on DBS checks for governors. It is now a requirement for all governors to have a DBS check. For full details please go to the governors page here
- Working with Schools & Academies 2017-18 is now available on our training page.
- The DBE Footprints newsletter is now available on the Publications page
- Collective Worship for special events in primary schools and academies booklet is now available to down load from our publications page
- Governors guide to RE. This has been produced by our RE Adviser Kathryn Wright. It is available on our governors and clerks pages
- Working Together: The Future of Rural Church of England Schools. The report was published in October 2014. We are pleased that The Trinity Federation and The Pilgrim Federation are mentioned within the report. It also has a very valuable self review for governors. A copy can be downloaded here
- National Society review on Religious Education in Church of England Schools. The report was published in September 2014 and can be downloaded here
- If you wish to see anything added to this website or want to share some news please contact Louise Reeves by emailing her at firstname.lastname@example.org
WHO ARE THE DIOCESAN BOARD OF EDUCATION (DBE)?
The Diocesan Board of Education (DBE) is a Trust made up of members who meet 3 times a year.
The DBE also has the following committees made up from members of the Trust:
- Executive Committee made up of the chairs of commitees
- Sites, Buildings and Finance (SBF)
- Schools' standards committee
- Distinctiveness Group