Welcome to the Diocesan Board of Education schools pages. As at September 2013 there are 114 Church Schools within our Diocese. The Diocese has 47 Voluntary Aided schools, 65 Voluntary Controlled schools, 1 Foundation schools and 1 Academy. These 114 schools represent more than half of Norfolk's small schools and serve a quarter of the young people in the Diocese, some 14,482 young people in total (as at January 2013). A list of the schools is available below.
We enrich, serve and support schools:
- distinctiveness and ethos
- through training seminars for clergy, parishes, teachers and governors
And provide professional advice on:
- buildings and accommodation
- headteacher recruitment
- The DBE Footprints newsletter is now available on the Publications page
- Our training booklet, Working with Schools is available on the Training & Events page
- If you wish to see anything added to this website or want to share some news please contact Louise Reeves by emailing her at email@example.com
WHO ARE THE DIOCESAN BOARD OF EDUCATION (DBE)?
The Diocesan Board of Education (DBE) is a Trust made up of members who meet 3 times a year.
The DBE also has the following committees made up from members of the Trust:
- Strategic Development Group looking at the pattern of provision, change of status of schools and federations and partnerships
- Sites, Buildings and Finance (SBF) looking at development projects, asset management, liaison with the LA and collaboration with Spire and WiSpire
- Schools' standards committee looking at raising standards and supporting church schools
- Innovations and Services looking at new projects and initiatives, provision and review of services and funding implications and sources
A list of DBE members is available below: