Norfolk Churches Trust Bike Ride 2021
7 May 2021
The Norfolk Churches Trust Bike Ride is an annual event in September – this year it will be Saturday 11 September 2021.
Bike, walk, ride or drive around the beautiful Norfolk countryside, stopping off at as many churches and chapels as you can along the way. Be sponsored for your visits or simply make a donation to the Norfolk Churches Trust or to a nominated church.
Last year the event raised over £173,000, exceeding their target of £100,000! The money has been divided between the church of the participant’s choice and The Norfolk Churches Trust, which gives grants to hundreds of churches for repairs, renovation, and the conservation of their buildings.
Information packs will be sent out in early July, and Norfolk Churches Trust will be posting information on their Fundraising and News page and via Social Media.
Interesting facts from the 2020 Bike ride are:
- The most churches visited by a participant is 47 by bike and 24 on foot.
- 400 new participants have been recorded as taking part for the first time, making 823 in total
- St Peter & St Paul’s Church Salle recorded the largest number of visitors, 56 in total.
- 328 churches and chapels have been nominated to receive a share of the sponsorship money.
- There were 3439 total visits recorded – 7% more than in 2019
Categories:Church buildings News