A resource to help PCC's lead churches in evangelism
CPAS has produced a downloadable resource to help PCCs (or equivalent bodies) explore the ministry of evangelism.
PCC Tonight: Leading Your Churches in Evangelism has been written by CPAS Leadership Principal, James Lawrence, to enable PCCs to explore their role in leading churches and congregations in evangelism.
With six sessions (each 35 minutes long) that can be used as part of a PCC meeting, this resource focuses on how to develop evangelism as part of normal church life:
- Is it really necessary: why think about evangelism?
- Stereotypes and stumbling blocks: what is evangelism?
- Surely that’s the minister’s job: who needs to be involved?
- How to order and mobilise a community around evangelism: shaping.
- How to order and mobilise a community around evangelism: focusing.
- How to order and mobilise a community around evangelism: enabling.
Content creator James Lawrence says:
“Initiatives like Thy Kingdom Come have really helped us focus on sharing the life-transforming love of Jesus. Building on such initiatives, we want to help PCCs think how they can enable evangelism to be a normal part of the ongoing life of a church, rather than an add-on extra. The good news is that there are some simple things a PCC can do to help with this, and this resource not only looks at why a church might struggle with evangelism but also offers some practical ideas on how to shape the life of a church around showing and sharing the faith.”
PCC Tonight: Leading Your Churches in Evangelism can be purchased for £4.50 from www.cpas.org.uk/pcc-evangelism. Whilst CPAS offers a range of other resources and events for PCCs, this can be used as a standalone resource.