On a site occupied by a church since pre-Domesday, this is a very fine example of thoughtful late Georgian/early Victorian changes to a medieval building whose early font is a particularly fine example of the stonemason’s craft. Buried in this quiet country churchyard together with his wife, Henriette, is John Thomas Pelham (1811-1894), the much-loved 64th Bishop of Norwich and for 15 years 1837 to 1852, Rector of Bergh Apton. Lots of illustrated panels at the rear of the church show the village and its people.
There is plenty of parking in the church field immediately to the east of the churchyard, with direct access from there.
The toilet is only accessible during services or events.