The authorisation of an AWA involves a commitment to ongoing learning and development.
This can include:
- Reflecting on experiences of leading worship and preparing for new tasks with their Supervisor, other clergy person, or an experienced Local Lay Minister (LLM)
- Opportunities for shared learning across the Deanery
- Attending courses and online courses which support the work undertaken by AWA’s (Details on the diocesan website or in AWA mailings)
- Reading and research to deepen theological and biblical understanding
- Retreats, Christian festivals, or Spiritual Direction to encourage prayerful reflection and to nurture faith and spirituality
- Courses and online resources from appropriate providers such as theological training colleges and courses, CPAS, other dioceses.