Advice and guidance on protecting your church from metal theft.
Guidance on lead theft
Please see below the relevant guidance for how churches should protect themselves from lead theft, and insurance companies who can offer church building insurance:
- Church Security Guidance Note from Norfolk & Suffolk Police (PDF download).
- Guidance Notes on the theft of metal from church roofs from the Diocesan Chancellor (PDF download).
- Crime and security prevention advice from the Church of England’s ChurchCare team.
- Protecting your church from metal theft: advice from Ecclesiastical insurance.
- ParishCare insurance policy from Trinitas insurance.
- Metal theft advice from Aviva.
- Metal theft advice from the National Churches Trust.
If you see or hear anything suspicious around a church please report it to the police. To report suspicious activity please call 101 or if you see a crime in progress please call 999.