Follow Us:

The church, which sits on a bluff overlooking the river, was in ruins by the year 1730. There was some limited restoration work in 1875, but it was not until the end of the C19 that Sir Alfred Jodrell, who had inherited Bayfield Hall, decided to rebuild the church in its entirety as a memorial to his mother. Very elaborate carved woodwork and richly furnished interior, including stained glass windows from the workshop of Kempe and Bryans. The clock tower has a carillon of twelve bells.