Net Zero Carbon Officer
Posted on: Friday 13 October 2023
The Norwich Diocesan Board of Finance (NDBF) is looking for a Net Zero Carbon Officer
Working hours: Full time, 35 hours per week (Consideration will be given to applicants wishing to work part time, ideally with a minimum of 28 hours per week.)
Hybrid Working may be considered (up to 40% working from home).
Contract: Initial 24 month fixed term contract
Salary: £35,000 – £40,000 per annum, subject to experience and qualifications
Benefits: Hybrid and flexible working schemes available, pension scheme with a 5% contribution by NDBF, in-service life cover, 25 days holiday, (rising to 28 days after 5 years continuous service) plus 3 fixed days at Christmas.
The Norwich Diocesan Board of Finance (NDBF) is working towards reaching Net Zero Carbon by 2030 and to incorporate sustainable working practices across all its operations. This includes churches, parsonage houses, churchyards and curtilage land and investment land and housing. A key aim will be to reduce the emissions from energy consumption year-on-year across the Diocese.
- To work within the Diocesan vision and strategy to achieve its Net Zero Target, identifying funding and outlining any anticipated developments and improvements necessary to deliver the strategy
- To have lead responsibility for coordinating work to implement the Diocesan Net Zero Carbon Action Plan partnering with colleagues from the Diocesan Board of Finance as well as the Multi Academy Trusts, Norwich Cathedral and TEIs.
- Review the building and land assets within the Diocese, and identify the sources of carbon emissions and develop a methodology for the collection of emissions data
- Respond to the growing number of inquiries and requests from clergy and parishes for guidance on Net Zero Carbon policy – including planning policy – working with colleagues in the Church Care and Development (DAC) team
- Building services professional, relevant degree or professional qualification/s in heritage management, sustainability, or project management
- Proven practical experience in the management, development, and conservation of the built environment with a focus on sustainability
- An understanding of and commitment to working with a range of building types, including churches, halls, and clergy houses, to improve their energy efficiency and work towards Net Zero Carbon
- Knowledgeable and passionate about environmental issues and climate change
Closing date: Thursday 2 November 2023
How to apply
For more information, please visit the Net Zero Carbon website. The job description and further information on how to apply are available from the website. Completed application forms should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday 2 November.
headteachers, School headteachers
Headteacher – Dereham Church of England Infant & Nursery Academy
Diocese of Norwich Education and Academies Trust
Dereham Church of England Infant and Nursery Academy, St Withburga Ln, Dereham NR19 1ED
We are a church academy with a strong family ethos looking for a new Headteacher to lead the Academy and build upon our past successes and achievements.Details