Team Administrator for the Heart of Norfolk Churches Group
Posted on: Friday 7 February 2020
North Elmham Rectory
We are seeking an individual who is forward thinking, self motivating and above all a team player with proven office planning, communication, IT skills, publishing and diary management skills.
This is an exciting role where you will:
- support a Team Rector who is responsible for leading and developing 13 parishes within the Heart of Norfolk Churches Group encompassing two part-time Team Vicars, Church Wardens and volunteers whilst reaching out to local villages and communities;
- be responsible for the efficient running of a small but busy Parish Office maintaining effective manual & electronic filing systems, diary co coordination, dealing with routine administration tasks, general correspondence and setting up checklists and timetables to ensure payments, paperwork and returns are completed on a timely basis;
- assist in the compilation of agendas and take minutes at Team and Group meetings, including distributing associated documents as required;
- liaise and assist Church Secretaries, Church Wardens and Treasurers in the preparation of annual meetings;
- be the first point of contact for all telephone and email enquiries during office hours and ensure these are processed and followed through to completion.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Highly organised and self-motivated but can also work as part of a team
- Excellent communicator with a friendly attitude
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Previous experience of organisation and administration of a small office and of handling financial transactions
10 hours per week (preferably three sessions on weekdays) with four weeks paid holiday
Pay: £10.00 per hour – £5,200 per annum (£18,720 FTE 36 hrs)
Closing date: Monday 24 February 2020
How to apply
Please apply either in writing or email to request an application form. Completed application forms only will be considered and this should explain how your skills, knowledge, experience and personal qualities would enable you to fulfil the position.
Any job offer will be subject to receipt of two satisfactory references, one of which must be from your current or most recent employer.
Returning the completed form may be e-mailed to: email@example.com or sent by post to: C Daniel, “Blessing” Church Road, Worthing, Norfolk NR20 5HR
If you wish to have an informal conversation about this post before making an application, please contact Celia Daniel on 01362 668928 or by e-mail to the address above.