Priest in Charge: Trunch Group Benefice
Posted on: Thursday 14 September 2023
The Trunch Group Benefice is looking for a new Priest in Charge
This post is a unique opportunity for a Priest to serve as Priest-in-Charge of the Trunch benefice, 7 parishes represented by 5 PCCs in north east Norfolk. This beautiful area of countryside and coast is dominated by agriculture and tourism, and is popular with second-home owners and retirees.
The Rectory is based in the village of Mundesley, which has flourishing infant and junior schools and a good range of amenities – local shops, restaurants, post office and doctors’ surgery. The wide sandy beaches are enjoyed by both holiday-makers and local people.
The vibrant and historic city of Norwich is 20 miles, 45 minutes by car, or by train from the neighbouring market town of North Walsham. There are onward connections at Norwich Station with a direct twice hourly link to London and regular services to Cambridge, Stansted Airport, Peterborough, Sheffield and Manchester.
We are on a journey of transition towards greater integration, cooperation and partnership between the parishes. We hope to work towards a structure which meets the requirements of each of our parish churches and maximises the benefits and efficiencies that come from positive collaboration.
We are an inclusive church and broad church with a varied pattern of contemporary and traditional worship including Café Church and are committed to outreach, social justice and environmental sustainability.
We are praying for a priest who will
- Evidence their pastoral heart in the way they build relationships
- Employ flexibility in leadership style
- Embrace innovation and respect tradition
- Enjoy and encourage the range of worship styles
- Support community use of our church buildings
- Engage in community activities
- Work with energy and enthusiasm
- Nurture gifts in a collaborative and enabling environment for the benefit of the church and our communities
- Invest time and effort to achieve successful outcomes
- Support our commitment to environmental sustainability
- See the Trunch Group as home – a place to live, work and enjoy!
Key characteristics of post-holder
- An ordained priest in the Church of England, or a Church in communion with the Church of England, with a desire to see lives transformed by Christ
- Personally rooted and confident in their love of God and God’s love for others
- Committed to diversity and inclusivity
- Supportive of our plans for the future
- A team player, a good listener and a stable influence
- Flexible and perceptive
- Understands the importance of being visible across our communities
- A collaborative approach
Closing date: 9:00 am Monday 2 October 2023
Interviews: Monday 23 October 2023
How to apply
To apply, visit Pathways
For an informal discussion about this post, please be in touch with the Archdeacon of Lynn, The Ven. Catherine Dobson on 01362 709200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org