Parish Engagement Officer
Posted on: Tuesday 19 September 2023 | Norwich Diocesan Board of Finance
A great opportunity for someone with excellent customer service skills
Parish Engagement Officer
35 hrs per week – full time
The Parish Support Team is made up of the staff and volunteers of a charity called the Norwich Diocesan Board of Finance. The core purpose of the charity is to serve the local mission and ministry of the Church of England in Norfolk and Waveney, delivered through churches, schools and chaplaincies.
The Parish Support Team operate from Diocesan House in Easton, on the outskirts of Norwich, and travel across the diocese to undertake a broad range of services that seek to encourage, enable and empower those active in local parishes.
The Parish Engagement Officer will embody our core purpose and our care, acting as a key focus of communications with people across the Diocese of Norwich, by:
- being a welcoming, friendly, knowledgeable, and proactive point of contact whether by phone, in writing or in person
- communicating proactively with parish representatives to build relationships, offering information and guidance for onward sharing, and receiving feedback
- supporting a culture of responsiveness, accessibility, and a team approach to customer service across the whole Parish Support Team
- maximising the completeness and accuracy of data to better enable our support of those serving in parishes
- offer a high level of customer service and extend a warm welcome to all visitors, responding to all calls to the main office telephone number and signposting where necessary so that callers get a great level of customer service
- coordinate a rota of colleagues to ensure adequate customer service support, including for phones and email, is in place during office hours to cover breaks, meetings and holidays
- assist with the maintenance and accuracy of the data into our database
- general administrative duties such as post, meeting support, fridge and dishwasher oversight, sustaining key office supplies.
We can offer…
- 25 days annual leave, plus Bank Holidays and 3 days of fixed annual leave at Christmas
- Healthcare Cash Plan (after six months).
- Contributory pension scheme
- The office base at Easton is in an attractive location benefitting from free parking with easy access to the A47, just 5 minutes from the Longwater retail park
The closing date is 1 October 2023
Interview date is Tuesday 10 October 2023
How to apply
A full job description and person specification along with an application form can be found below. This post is subject to a basic disclosure and barring check.
Completed applications to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 10:00 pm Sunday 1 October 2023
Interviews: Tuesday 10 October 2023