Parish Administrator and Operations Assistant – The Mitre Benefice
Posted on: Friday 26 November 2021
Mitre Public House, 131 Earlham Road, Norwich
The heartbeat of the Mitre is to see people empowered by God and transformed by Christ, as we play our part in the evangelisation of the nation, the revitalisation of the Church, and the transformation of society.
The Mitre Benefice comprises three charismatic evangelical churches, situated within and around the ‘Golden Triangle’ of Norwich.
The Mitre has a staff team of 16, and pre-pandemic we were a worshipping community of over 450 people, including children, young people, and students. Throughout lockdown, we embraced becoming an online church, and subscribers to our YouTube channel increased significantly, particularly among the young. As a church we seek to reach out to our local communities through the Sports Factory and our work in schools, the Love Your Neighbour Campaign, ministering in and through our local prisons and Alpha.
We are a busy, fast-paced church seeking to rebuild (post-Covid) and to lay the foundations as we prepare for the next stage of our exciting journey. We believe that this post offers an exciting opportunity to an individual who wants to exercise their administrative gift with responsibility, freedom, and in the context of growth.
We are seeking to appoint an individual who has strong administrative skills to assist the Vicar and staff team in delivering consistently across the following areas: Administrative support to the Vicar, Parish administration, and operational support:
- Administrative Support to the Vicar
- Dealing with email communication to and from the Vicar
- Diary Management for the Vicar
- Other administrative tasks as directed by the Vicar Parish Administration
- To work at the centre of the church office, with both an inward and outward focus
- Fielding questions and enquiries on the telephone and via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office management and general administration
- Leading the administration of baptisms, funerals, and weddings in support of the clergy team
- Maintenance of parish registers
- Ensuring that registers and other returns to the Diocese and Church Revitalisation Trust are completed in a timely manner
- Provision of administrative support in preparation for Sunday worship
- Management of the Benefice-wide ‘Connect’ process
- Operational Support
- Management of church and church hall bookings
- Monitoring and ordering office supplies and consumables hours
- This is a part-time, permanent position, involving 20 hours per week (based out of The Mitre Public House)
- Monday to Friday, 0930-1400 (with an unpaid 30-minute break each day)
- There is also a holiday entitlement of 25 days per year
- Time off in lieu for agreed overtime
Contract: Part-time permanent, 20 hours per week.
Salary: Pro-rata of £18,000 – 20,000 FTE (salary dependent upon experience)
Further details can be found by visiting the website: www.stn.org.uk
Closing date: 12:00 pm Friday 7 January 2022
Interviews: Monday 17 January 2022
How to apply
For an informal conversation about the role, please contact the Revd Tom Eagles. Or, to apply for this position, please send a covering letter of no more than 350 words and your latest CV to