Mission Engagement Officer
Posted on: Thursday 31 August 2023 | Norwich Diocesan Board of Finance
An exciting opportunity for somebody who is passionate about church mission
Mission Engagement Officer – Diocese of Norwich
£14,087 (pro rata of £23,479)
0.6 FTE – 21 hours pw
We are seeking a Mission Engagement Officer to join our new Mission and Ministry Team. The successful candidate will assist in the design of the future mission strategy by leading on the development of a costed plan for liaison and engagement, setting out how we intend to collaborate with churches and other stakeholders in parishes.
The Mission Engagement Officer will lead on engagement with churches and other stakeholders, secure qualitative data on strategy proposals through effective consultation and communications, support the exploration of types and levels of mission activity in different contexts, and provide information to support effective decision making on mission related spending.
- Design an engagement plan, supported by colleagues, that will successfully reach out to those parishes who are, or want to be, involved in mission activity.
- With the support of the Mission Development Officer, engage and build trust with churches and other stakeholders in parishes across the Diocese.
- Work with the Communications team to foster high levels of ownership of the mission strategy at a local level.
- Work to enable a positive narrative about the Vision and Priorities and the Mission Strategy and mission potential in the Diocese.
We can offer:
- A flexible approach to remote working.
- Pro rata of 25 days annual leave, plus pro rata Bank Holidays and fixed annual leave at Christmas.
- Healthcare Cash Plan (after six months).
- Contributory pension scheme.
- The office base at Easton is an attractive location benefitting from free parking with easy access to the A47, just 5 minutes from the Longwater retail park.
You must have the ability to identify practical solutions to problems, have relevant experience of successful outreach and engagement with communities and be able to build and maintain excellent working relationships. If you also have experience of successful delivery of collaborative community and or faith-based projects then you may be just who we are looking for.
This post is subject to a basic disclosure from the DBS.
Closing date: 17 September 2023
Interview date: 6 October 2023
Further details and to apply:
Please send completed application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 6:00 pm Sunday 17 September 2023
Interviews: Friday 6 October 2023