King’s Lynn Winter Night Shelter Treasurer
Posted on: Thursday 25 March 2021
King's Lynn, Norfolk
Now in their fourth year, the King's Lynn Winter Night Shelter are seeking a Treasurer to support the Trustees and staff in developing the work of the charity as they look towards next winter and beyond.
The King’s Lynn Winter Night Shelter is a Registered Charity established in 2017 by Churches Together in King’s Lynn to provide emergency accommodation for anyone with nowhere safe to stay.
It is expected that this volunteer role will commence at the end of October 2021 following a period of induction and when our current Treasurer is due to step down. The current post holder is expected to continue as a Trustee and will be able to provide guidance and support.
Applications are welcome from anyone with relevant experience and in sympathy with the Christian ethos of the charity. DBS (enhanced) clearance and references will be required.
The role of the Treasurer will include:
- Recording the Night Shelter’s (NS) income and expenditure on an ongoing basis.
- Reconciling petty cash regularly.
- Acting as point of contact for the NS’s bank. Dealing with or overseeing the deposit of cheques and cash donations at the local branch, and with BACS transfer payments. Reconciling monthly statements with own records. Placing funds on deposit when appropriate.
- Providing details of hours worked by staff by the 20th of each month to the NS’s accountants, who will manage all payroll matters including liaising with HMRC for tax codes. They will provide payslips for distribution to staff and advise of PAYE & NIC deductions to be paid to HMRC. The Treasurer instructs the bank to make bank transfers to staff on 25th of each month.
- Liaising with the NS’s accountants who will produce monthly management accounts for circulation among the trustees. The accountants will produce the annual accounts for the Treasurer to lodge with the Charity Commission together with the Trustees’ own Report.
- Providing budget forecasts for the next financial year. Providing financial data to the Trustees when appropriate or when requested.
For further information or to express interest in the role please contact the Trustees c/o Lucy McKitterick (Co-ordinator) at: King’s Lynn Winter Night Shelter, St John’s House, Blackfriars Road, King’s Lynn PE30 1NT
You can also phone 01553 776109 or email email@example.com
Visit the King’s Lynn Winter Night Shelter website.