King’s Lynn Night Shelter Trustee
Posted on: Wednesday 1 March 2023 | King's Lynn Night Shelter
The Kings Lynn night shelter is looking to recruit someone as their new trustee
King’s Lynn Night Shelter is a Registered Charity established in 2017 to provide emergency accommodation and assistance for anyone with nowhere safe to stay. We are currently open for nine months of the year October-June with 24-hour accommodation for 8 guests in single rooms. The Night Shelter employs a team of paid staff, led by a Co-ordinator, and supported by a number of volunteers. The Night Shelter Trustees have an essential role in ensuring the Charity is fulfilling its objectives, is taking a responsible approach to its funds, is working within the law, and is planning for the future.
The Charity works closely with the Diocese of Norwich as our Safeguarding Provider. The role description for our Trustees takes into account the requirements of our Safeguarding Provider as well as the Charity’s own needs from the role.
The Charity takes the safety of everyone at the Night Shelter very seriously and expects that everyone will work within the Night Shelter’s safeguarding policy. In particular, the Charity expects anyone who becomes aware of a safeguarding risk or of actual abuse, to immediately raise this with the Charity’s Safeguarding Officer (the Co-ordinator) or Trustee for Safeguarding, the Bishop’s Safeguarding Adviser (BSA) or Assistant BSA.
Our work with adults who are vulnerable means we should have a commitment to:
- Treat individuals with respect
- Recognise and respect their abilities and potential for development
- Work in ways that meet and develop the personal, spiritual, social and pastoral needs
- Promote their rights to make their own decisions and choices, unless it is unsafe
- Ensure their welfare and safety
- Promote of social justice, social responsibility and respect for others
- Confidentiality, never passing on personal information, except to the person you are responsible to, unless there are safeguarding issues of concern which must always be reported to the person named above or to the Police or Social Services in an emergency.
How to apply
If you are interested in finding out more, please contact the Lucy McKitterick:
You may also be interested in...View all
Secretary to the Friends of Norwich Cathedral
Norwich Cathedral is seeking a Secretary to the Friends of Norwich CathedralDetails
Senior Architect / Technologist / Building Surveyor
Diocese of Norwich, Spire Property Consultants
The Diocese of Norwich is seeking a senior Architectural Technologist to join Spire Property ConsultantsDetails