Interim (two years) House for Duty Priest-in-Charge – Waterside benefice
Posted on: Tuesday 30 March 2021
The Waterside Benefice are looking for someone to help them develop their vision, to unite them in their purpose and to inspire them further to play a full part in God’s work.
We are looking to appoint an Interim (for a term of two years) House for Duty Priest in the Waterside benefice, set in the centre of the tranquil and beautiful Norfolk Broads. Currently four parishes, the parish of Hickling will be moving to join the Coastal Group of Parishes under The Revd Canon Catherine Dobson. In the short-term, Catherine is taking the lead in pastoral care and worship in Hickling, and in time, pastoral reorganisation will make this change a formal one. The Benefice Profile has been prepared as though Hickling has moved to the Coastal Group of Parishes, although formal confirmation of this still awaits the completion of the pastoral scheme.
To enable people to come to know God and his unconditional love for them. We do this through:
- Providing a welcome to all members of the community and our many visitors.
- Prayer, visible witness and practical involvement in our individual parishes and throughout our Benefice.
We are looking for someone who:
- Appreciates traditional liturgical worship but is also open to developing new and flexible forms
- Can delegate responsibility and can sensitively draw out and encourage the gifts and ministries of others
- Can collaborate with the Ministry Team
- Relates well to people of all ages and has a sense of humour
- Is happy to work with the ecumenical aspects of the work of the Benefice
- Has good interpersonal skills and will encourage our spiritual growth
- Is cheerful, kind and a good communicator.
How to apply
Please apply via the Pathways application, here.
An opportunity for an experienced LLM or SSM to take on the leadership and pastoral care for the congregation of Christ Church, including chairing the PCC of Christ Church.Details