Historic Church Building Support Officer
Posted on: Tuesday 24 October 2023 | Diocese of Norwich
14 hrs per week – part time
£10,652 (pro rata of £26,629) pa
The Diocese of Norwich, in collaboration with Historic England, is seeking to appoint a part-time Historic Church Building Support Officer to work with local church communities throughout Norfolk and north-east Suffolk.
The focus of the Historic Church Building Support Officer will be to help communities maintain, repair and adapt their historic church buildings, the vast majority being medieval in foundation and listed either Grade I or II*.
We are looking for someone with knowledge of historic church buildings and their conservation as well as enthusiasm for securing their sustainable future.
You will need to demonstrate:
- project management skills,
- the ability to work with volunteers
- experience in accessing funding.
The main duties of the role include:
- Develop a programme to improve the condition of the diocese’s listed and other historic churches
- helping parishes understand the importance of routine maintenance and effectively plan and organise this work;
- consider the environmental, heritage, community, mission and pastoral needs of historic churches
- Contribute to meeting the church’s net zero carbon target
- Enable parishes to access increased funding and generate income to maintain their buildings
- Support and train volunteers to maintain historic churches following best practice
This post is currently funded until April 2027. It is possible that if successful it may be extended beyond that time.
We can offer…
- Pro rata of 25 days annual leave, plus pro rata Bank Holidays and 3 days of fixed annual leave at Christmas
- Contributory pension scheme
- The office base at Easton is in an attractive location benefitting from free parking with easy access to the A47, just 5 minutes from the Longwater retail park.
Closing date: 9:00 am Thursday 9 November 2023
Interviews: Wednesday 22 November 2023
How to apply
If you are interested in this role, please send completed application forms to: email@example.com
headteachers, School headteachers
Headteacher – Dereham Church of England Infant & Nursery Academy
Diocese of Norwich Education and Academies Trust
Dereham Church of England Infant and Nursery Academy, St Withburga Ln, Dereham NR19 1ED
We are a church academy with a strong family ethos looking for a new Headteacher to lead the Academy and build upon our past successes and achievements.Details