Posted on: Thursday 20 July 2023
Wymondham Abbey are looking for a families worker to develop and deliver activities with the purpose of encouraging families to become Christians and grow in faith.
- To support and build on our current ministry to children on a Sunday morning.
- To explore the setting up of children’s and parents’ activities and worship at another point in the week
- To encourage and support our existing team of volunteers associated with children’s work.
- To signpost families to appropriate support groups in the town as necessary
- To maintain and update safeguarding and training.
- To seek regular fe edback from participants and use it to inform programme development.
- To ensure that all activities conform the current Diocesan and Parish safeguarding policy.
- To carry out risk assessments for all activities and ensure compliance with Health and Safety requirements.
- To meet regularly with the Vicar to review progress.
- To keep Facebook updated with Children and Families events and any other church updates as requested.
- To be a practising Christian, comfortable with the worship and ethos of the Abbey and with a passion to see people come to faith.
- To have strong interpersonal skills, sufficient to communicate effectively and the ability to build strong working relationships with a wide range of volunteers and congregation members.
- Good organisational, planning and time management skills.
- Able to work flexibly and with a minimum of supervision.
- Tolerance, patience and the ability to deal with competing issues.
- The highest level of honesty, integrity and discretion
- An understanding of equality and diversity
- Working with children/families
- Managing people
- Organising events
Closing date: 7:00 pm Thursday 31 August 2023
How to apply
Application by C.V. and letter stating how you fulfil the requirements of the post.
The Reverend Canon Christopher Davies