Diocesan Safeguarding Trainer
Posted on: Thursday 5 October 2023 | Norwich Diocesan Board of Finance
Experienced Safeguarding Trainer needed to support the Diocese
28 hrs per week including some weekend and evening work
£23,993 – £26,734 pa (pro rata of £29,991 to £33,418) depending on skills and experience
The main purpose of this key position is to develop, co-ordinate and deliver safeguarding training to clergy, employees and volunteers within the Diocese of Norwich working with the Diocesan Safeguarding Team in accordance with the Diocesan Training Strategy, the National Learning and Development Framework and Diocesan Vision Enabling Strategy.
The main responsibilities are to:
- To plan and deliver training in line with the National Learning and Development Framework and the Diocesan Safeguarding Training Strategy.
- To maintain familiarity with National and Diocesan safeguarding policies and procedures.
- To maintain and update own knowledge in relation to training and safeguarding (Children and Vulnerable Adults) as it applies to this post.
- To deliver training in conjunction with Diocesan Safeguarding Advisors
- Where agreed, to co-ordinate volunteers and others to contribute to training.
- Working with the Safeguarding Training Administrator, to make arrangements for training including booking venues, promoting, and advertising training, ensuring appropriate facilities are available, and ensuring training materials are available.
- To liaise with Parishes, the Children, Youth and Families Department and others as directed, regarding the provision of training.
- To ensure databases for recording attendance and other training related information are maintained.
- To collate and evaluate feedback information and other training data and produce reports as requested including to the quarterly Diocesan Safeguarding Advisory Panel.
- To develop the annual Diocesan Training Strategy.
The successful applicant will have:
- Experience of providing high quality training within a safeguarding context.
- Knowledge of current safeguarding legislation and practice and the Statutory Safeguarding Frameworks relating to either children or vulnerable adults.
- Strong organisational skills, ability to maintain records and evaluate material.
- Excellent communication skills.
Based at Diocesan House in Easton, west of Norwich, the post requires work across the diocese, including some evening and weekend working and some days working from home.
This post will require a DBS check with children and adult workforce enhanced without barring. We therefore require you to complete the attached Confidential Declaration Form and send this with your application. This will be reviewed confidentially by HR. If there are matters of concern these will only be shared with the interviewing manager after shortlisting. Please read our policy on Recruitment of Ex-Offenders below.
For informal inquiries please contact Ruth Walker, Diocesan Safeguarding Trainer on 01603 882345 or email: email@example.com
We can offer…
- Pro rata of 25 days annual leave, plus pro rata Bank Holidays and fixed annual leave at Christmas
- Healthcare Cash Plan (after six months).
- Contributory pension scheme
- The office base at Easton is in an attractive location benefitting from free parking with easy access to the A47, just 5 minutes from the Longwater retail park
Closing date: Sunday 22 October 2023
Interview date is Monday 30th October
How to apply
A full job description and person specification along with an application form can be found below.
Closing date: 8:00 pm Sunday 22 October 2023
Interviews: Monday 30 October 2023
headteachers, School headteachers
Headteacher – Dereham Church of England Infant & Nursery Academy
Diocese of Norwich Education and Academies Trust
Dereham Church of England Infant and Nursery Academy, St Withburga Ln, Dereham NR19 1ED
We are a church academy with a strong family ethos looking for a new Headteacher to lead the Academy and build upon our past successes and achievements.Details