Communications Officer – St Peter Mancroft Church, Norwich
Posted on: Tuesday 27 April 2021
St Peter Mancroft Church, Norwich are looking to appoint a skilled communicator to manage their online presence and press matters.
The Communications Officer must work flexibly across the various information and publicity channels at St Peter Mancroft (SPM), making the most of opportunities as they arise and developing new approaches when needed. He or she must liaise closely with other staff colleagues and members of the church, so as to ‘tell the story of Mancroft’ back to its members and to the world. Remote working will be possible for much of this role, but there will be a need to be at the church and office at various moments. This role is line-managed by the Vicar. Support for this role is offered by volunteers within the life of the church, as well as colleagues in the Office and at the Church itself.
Specific areas of responsibility are:
- Managing and updating our website (using a simple content management system)
- Operating our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts, and developing other social media opportunities
- Operating our YouTube channel, including scheduling live-streamed services and events
- Overseeing our live-stream system
- Maintaining an up-to-date online presence on TripAdvisor, Google search, etc.
- Preparing and publishing the weekly newsletter using Microsoft Publisher in collaboration with the Vicar and the Office team
- Working proactively with local media channels such as Norfolk Network, Norfolkplaces.co.uk, VisitNorwich, Allthingsnorfolk.com and the Iceni Post(.com), as well as EDP/Evening News, radio and TV, so as to promote the life of SPM
- Liaising with national press and broadcast media when necessary
- Assisting with the design and production of publicity-related print-work and posters/banners
- Supporting the general promotion of our activities across all channels, and assisting colleagues in this
- Ensuring our ‘style guidelines’ are adhered to across the organisation
There may also be additional opportunities to create video content, for example pre-recorded acts of worship or publicity videos, and podcast-type materials.
This is a permanent part-time employment position with holiday and pension entitlements.
Closing date: Friday 21 May 2021
How to apply
Please see the Job Description for further information.