Church Buildings Support Officer
Posted on: Tuesday 24 October 2023 | Diocese of Norwich
35 hrs per week – full time
The main purpose of this role will be to work with parochial church councils (PCCs) on developing church buildings in order to sustain them as places of worship while conserving their historical and architectural significance, will work within the Diocese’s Church Care and Development team and will liaise with various interested partners such as the Norfolk Churches Trust.
The main duties will be to:
- liaise with churchwardens, fabric officers, PCCs and clergy at parish level to maintain and develop the historic churches, including identifying sources of funding for repairs and renovation.
- work with various partners to provide support to parishes on church care issues.
- attend site visits where required, particularly where these relate to church development.
- take forward and monitor projects at parish level under the Buildings for Mission Minor Repairs and Improvements Grants Fund.
- take the lead in the management of the Diocesan Churches Trust, working with local clergy and interested contacts to oversee the maintenance of their churches and work with potential new candidates for the Trust.
- assist in the development and support of the Church Ambassadors team of volunteers.
- deal with queries from members of the public regarding church buildings and churchyards.
This job is temporary to December 2025, although we will be seeking continuation funding.
If you have knowledge and experience of the conservation of historic buildings and the legislative framework, knowledge of church architecture and a desire to help parishes make the most of their buildings creatively and sensitively then this role might be for you. We have an enthusiastic, busy team who work together to serve the parishes of the Diocese.
We can offer…
- 25 days annual leave, plus Bank Holidays and 3 days of fixed annual leave at Christmas
- Contributory pension scheme
- The office base at Easton is in an attractive location benefitting from free parking with easy access to the A47, just 5 minutes from the Longwater retail park.
Closing date: 9:00 am Thursday 9 November 2023
Interviews: Thursday 23 November 2023
How to apply
If you are interested in this role, please send completed application forms to: email@example.com
headteachers, School headteachers
Headteacher – Dereham Church of England Infant & Nursery Academy
Diocese of Norwich Education and Academies Trust
Dereham Church of England Infant and Nursery Academy, St Withburga Ln, Dereham NR19 1ED
We are a church academy with a strong family ethos looking for a new Headteacher to lead the Academy and build upon our past successes and achievements.Details