Church Administrator (part time)
Posted on: Friday 10 February 2023
The Dersingham Benefice of Churches (West Norfolk) is looking for a friendly and diligent part-time Church Administrator to help with the smooth running of our office.
This position is ideal for someone who likes working with both people and information. Our preferred candidate will be personable and courteous and relish the challenge of keeping a busy office organised and efficient. There is a genuine occupational requirement that the holder of this post is a committed Christian (Equality Act (2010) Part 1 applies).
The Dersingham Benefice comprises of four parish Churches and a church plant, you will be responsible to Revd Mark Capron. Weekly duties will comprise providing effective and efficient administrative support to the Churches.
You will need to be a proficient communicator with the ability to work independently on a wide range of tasks and be open to learning new skills and taking on new responsibilities.
This is a permanent, flexible, part-time position working at The Rectory in Dersingham, from home or at any of the Churches in the benefice. The position is for 12 hours per week, over 3 weekdays, which must include a Wednesday morning.
The successful candidate will be subject to a 6 month probation period and will be required to agree to an enhanced DBS check and complete Data Protection and confidentiality forms. You will also be required to complete appropriate safeguarding training as required.
Required Skills and Experience
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (particularly Word and Excel)
- Good written and verbal English
- You must be reliable, honest, trustworthy, pastoral, and maintain discretion
- Ability to prioritise work and demonstrate intuitive problem-solving skills.
Desired Skills and Experience
- A highly organised approach and attention to detail
- Experience of office administration
- A determination to do your best work all of the time
- £12.50 per hour
- Statutory leave
- Computer and mobile phone will be provided while in the role
- Relaxed, prayerful and friendly atmosphere
- Develop the use of a new data management process.
- Be central point of contact with the Diocese of Norwich for Administrative matters.
- Assistance with administration in relation to weddings and funerals.
- Providing updates for the web designer
- Prepare and schedule social media posts.
- Weekly filing practice for all paperwork.
- Updating noticeboards.
- Oversee completion/submission of Safeguarding DBS checks and Data Protection forms.
- Church Magazine – manage the advertisements and invoices liaising with the editor and treasurer accordingly.
- Facilitate occasional printing of orders of service for special services or events.
- Prepare paperwork for the annual meetings, collate forms for churchwardens and other documentation required by the Diocese of Norwich.
- Plan with minsters publicity for services, special events and expedite this delivery in part through assistance of volunteers
- Manage the organisation and planning of the annual Alpha course
- Manage invoices and payments (mostly online) in connection with The Well (Ingoldisthorpe)
- Liaise with church secretary, Ministers and church treasurers
- Such other administrative support that may be required from time to time
For an informal conversation about this role, please contact Rev Mark Capron on 01485 297293.
Closing date: Friday 17 March 2023
Interviews: Wednesday 29 March 2023
How to apply
Send your CV and a hand-written covering letter to Rev Mark Capron, The Rectory, Shernborne Road, Dersingham, PE31 6JA. Please give details of two people willing to provide a reference after interview.
You may also be interested in...View all
Parish & benefice roles
Finance Officer (Part Time)
The Eaton Churches Office are looking for a Part Time Finance OfficerDetails
Systems and Data Officer – School Inspection (SIAMS)
The Church of England
Remote; occasional in-person attendance required
The Church of England are looking for a new Systems and Data OfficerDetails