Caretaker at St Mary’s Church of England Junior Academy in Long Stratton.
Posted on: Wednesday 1 December 2021 | St Benet's Multi-Academy Trust
St Marys Church of England Junior Academy in Long Stratton
We are looking to appoint a practical, hardworking and reliable caretaker to become part of our team at St Mary’s Church of England Junior Academy.
‘Raising apirations and a love for learning through
courage, resilience, positive relationships and God’s love.’
The post holder will play a key role in managing the safety, appearance and cleanliness of the school site, its grounds, plant and equipment, in order to provide a safe and secure teaching and learning environment.
St Mary’s Church of England Junior Academy has just recently joined the Diocese of Norwich St Benet’s MAT and being a church school, Christian values and ethos sit at the heart of everything we do to create an environment where raising aspirations and a love for learning through courage, resilience, positive relationships and God’s love is encouraged.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake a range of duties that include managing the health & safety, compliance checks, cleanliness and security of the site, have experience of general building maintenance and a passion for DIY.
The position is:
• 25 hours per week (please note that this will be a split shift each day to facilitate the opening and closing of the school site during term time)
• Salary Scale C Point 3 to 4 proportionate to the full time rate of £18,562 to £18,933 (depending upon experience)
We are looking for someone who:
• Demonstrates an understanding of caretaking and cleaning responsibilities and requirements
• Has caretaking and cleaning experience
• Is hard working and reliable
• Works under their own initiative
• Is organised and methodical
• Is a team player
• Who lives within the local area
We can offer:
• A welcoming, caring school full of adults who go above and beyond for our children
• Children who are determined to do their absolute best at every opportunity regardless of any barriers and are excited and enthused by their learning.
• A supportive Trust who offer high quality professional development opportunities
If you are hardworking, enthusiastic, dedicated and adaptable, then we would welcome your application. If you would like to know more then please get in touch to arrange a meeting with our Academies Business Manager, Jenny Pringle
We are committed to the safeguarding of all children, through its policies, practice and monitoring procedures. Any applicant wishing to work around children can expect to have an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
If short listed for interview your motives for working in a school setting will be explored. Knowing that racism, sexism and other forms of discrimination exist, we promote justice, fairness and equality in all areas of school life. All backgrounds and groups, including those with disabilities, are welcome to apply