Posted on: Wednesday 20 December 2023
The Mitre Benefice is a group of creative, missional churches, part of the HTB network, who play a vital role in the church ecology of the City and Diocese of Norwich.
From the initial single location at St Thomas, we have grown to three locations, with St Albans joining us in 2015 and St Barnabas in 2017. Through 2023, we averaged 300-400 people each Sunday across our locations including 120 young people.
The Vicar, the Revd Tom Eagles and his colleagues, have a heart for evangelism and outreach and a desire to see new and existing church communities grow.
The new Associate Minister will have an important part to play in the unfolding of this vision.
They are looking for:
- An energetic and high-capacity leader, who is a great team-player, and who can shoulder a portfolio of responsibilities
- A Pastor who can shepherd a large and diverse congregation as the location pastor for St Alban
- Someone with godly ambition who wants to stretch themselves, growing our existing congregations and multiplying new communities
- The Associate Minister will be passionate about releasing ministry and equipping others to grow deeper in their faith and calling, as well as possessing a heart to reach those who do not yet know Jesus through evangelism and social transformation
- An inspiring and proactive line manager among our talented and hard-working teams, and be committed to serving across the ministries, locations and services of the Mitre Benefice
- A supportive colleague in a close knit, cohesive and effective team
You will live in a vibrant, green, and attractive area of Norwich and be part of a Diocese committed to the flourishing and wellbeing of its clergy.
This post comes with incumbent status stipend and accommodation.
Closing date: 1:00 pm Friday 2 February 2024
Interviews: Wednesday 28 February 2024