Governance training & support
The Diocese offers training to all governors of our church schools.
The relevant details can be found in the governance section of the SuSupporting Schools and Academies 2020 -2021 Training Booklet (available as hard copy and online).
Governors are strongly encouraged to attend the following courses:
- Introduction to Governance in Church Schools and Academies
- Introduction to Monitoring in Church Schools and Academies
- Introduction to the SIAMS Schedule for Governors
- Embedding statutory Relationships, Relationships and Sex (RSE) and Health Education in Church Schools and Academies
Governors can also request a 90 minute in-school workshop around ‘Implementing Your School Vision.
For information, advice or support regarding:
- appointment/reappointment of Foundation Governors
- reconstitution of governing boards
- federation of governing boards
- converting to academy status
- recruitment of a new headteacher
please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Governing boards and individual governors can also access advice and training from Educator Solutions’ Governance and Leadership Service (email@example.com), if the school subscribes to this service.