Governance training & support
The Diocese offers training to all governors of our church schools.
The relevant details can be found in the governance section of the Supporting Schools and Academies 2021 Training Booklet (available as hard copy and online).
Governors are strongly encouraged to attend the following courses:
- Introduction to Governance in Church Schools and Academies
- Introduction to Monitoring in Church Schools and Academies
- Introduction to the SIAMS Schedule for Governors
- RE – Complying to Statutory Duties: Norfolk Agreed Syllabus, SIAMS and Ofsted
- Global Neighbours – An Introduction to this Quality Mark
Occasionally governors prefer to have bespoke training, or a course hosted by the diocese delivered in their own school to the entire governing body. Or you may wish for training to be delivered in your school and shared with other schools locally. The diocese can offer this and can build a training session to meet your needs. Some of the current themes it can offer are:
- Developing or reviewing your school/academy vision
- Understanding your statutory duties as a governor linked to RE
- An introduction to SIAMs
- Supporting you as governors to work towards the RE Quality Mark or Global Neighbours
- How governor monitoring can support SIAMS/RE
Cost: £50 for up to two hours of bespoke training (with an initial scoping telephone call)
For information, advice or support regarding:
- appointment/reappointment of Foundation Governors
- reconstitution of governing boards
- federation of governing boards
- converting to academy status
- recruitment of a new headteacher
please email email@example.com
Governing boards and individual governors can also access advice and training from Educator Solutions’ Governance and Leadership Service (firstname.lastname@example.org), if the school subscribes to this service.