Training and Support for Governors
The Diocese offers training to all governors in our church schools.
The relevant details can be found in the governance section of Supporting Schools & Academies 2022 (available as hard copy and online).
Governors are strongly encouraged to attend the following courses:
- Introduction to Governance in Church Schools and Academies
- Introduction to Monitoring in Church Schools and Academies
- Introduction to the SIAMS Schedule for Governors
- RE – Complying to Statutory Duties: Norfolk Agreed Syllabus, SIAMS and Ofsted
- Courageous Advocacy – How can you develop your pupil’s character and social action in school?
Occasionally governors prefer to have bespoke training, or a course hosted by the diocese delivered in their own school to the entire governing body, or with other schools. The cost for bespoke training is £100 for up to two hours (with an initial scoping telephone call)
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your training needs.
For information, advice or support regarding:
- Appointment/reappointment of Foundation Governors
- Reconstitution of governing boards
- Federation of governing boards
- Converting to academy status
Please email email@example.com
Governing boards and individual governors in VA and VC Schools (those outside the Diocese of Norwich Multi Academy Trusts) can also access advice and training from the Local Authority here.