Bring the community together and organise a charity collection.
Many people want to take the opportunity to support those less fortunate themselves.
A collection for something such as the Samaritan’s Purse Shoebox appeal, The Foodbank or the Salvation Army is a great place to start.
– Research what it is that the organisation is collecting for and what specifically they want people to give.
– Share this information with others through a leaflet and/or a presentation
– Compile a list of items
– Ask people to donate towards the appeal.
– Organise an opportunity for people to work together to cover shoe boxes, sort items and package them appropriately. There may also be opportunity for people to write some letters or make cards to enclose.
– Feedback and let everyone know what was achieved!