Benefact Trust Building Improvement Grants Programme
6 March 2023
The Benefact Trust has launched a new Building Improvement Grants Programme.
- Essential, one-off repairs or other capital works to ensure the continued use or viability of a building (capital work must be considered urgent or necessary within 12 months)
- Minor capital works or equipment purchases to meet operational or accessibility requirements (e.g. essential operational equipment, AV equipment, hearing loops, ramps, etc)
- Conservation or restoration of historic features (e.g. stained glass, carvings, interior furnishings, clocks, tower bells, organs etc) which contribute to preservation and appreciation of a building’s heritage
- Other aesthetic enhancements (e.g. interior decoration, furnishings or public realm improvements) to improve indoor or outdoor spaces for users
- Energy efficiency/renewable energy measures (e.g. heating/lighting upgrades, solar panels, etc) which improve the sustainability of church buildings/facilities and enable their continued use
The funding will not cover regular maintenance and works normally covered by insurance.
How to apply
To apply to the Building Improvement Grants programme, you will need to complete an online application form as well as a Building Improvement Grants Project Budget template.
You can find these and the Programme Guidance, which will answer any questions you may have about the application process, on their website.
Categories:Church buildings Churchwardens Grants & funding News