Volunteer Mentor Training
Wed 19 Feb at 7.00 pm - 9.00 pm
The Kings Centre, Norwich, NR1 1PH
Community Chaplaincy Norfolk (CCN) are running a training event to equip people to work alongside ex-offenders and support them as they rebuild their lives.
To become a volunteer with CCN you will need to:
- Have some relevant experience.
- Be over 25 years old.
- Understand and accept the interdenominational ethos of CCN.
- Be able to work with offenders in a non-judgemental, authoritative but friendly manner.
- Have excellent listening & communication skills.
- Be well organised, reliable and resourceful.
- Be able to work independently and also as part of a team.
- Have basic computer skills.
- Understand confidentiality.
The training course has been produced by the Community Chaplaincy Association. This is a national body that brings together best practice and makes it available to local Community Chaplaincy projects.
All our volunteers are required to do the training so that they understand the aims of the project and what would be required of a mentor. Completing the training does not commit you to becoming a mentor nor does it commit us to accepting you on the project.
Please book in advance.