Preparing to Teach Statutory Relationships, RSE and Health Education
Tue 17 Mar at 2.30 pm - 5.00 pm
Diocesan House, 109 Dereham Road, Easton, Norwich, NR9 5ES
with Josie Rayner-Wells
Preparing to teach statutory Relationships, Relationships and Sex (RSE) and Health Education in Church Schools and Academies .
Is your school ready to fulfil the new duties required of schools? This practical session will provide church schools and academies with an overview of what is required of all schools to become compliant with the new legislation and its practical application within a school with Christian character. Having attended this course you will:
• Be briefed on the requirements of the new legislation
• Consider how to embed the new legislation, ensuring the distinctive values and ethos of your school are fully reflected in your RSE curriculum
• Develop confidence in evidence-based teaching strategies
• Know how to assess PSHE/RSE
• Consider a whole-school approach to embedding effective RSE.
Cost: £50 to all church schools and academies
Audience: Headteachers, teachers and teaching assistants of church schools and academies