Becoming an effective RE Subject Leader
Thu 30 Apr at 9.30 am - 3.30 pm
Diocesan House, 109 Dereham Road, Easton, Norwich, NR9 5ES
with Chris Allen, Diocesan RE Adviser
This popular programme is now in its fifth year. Places are limited to ensure everyone who participates gets the most out of the sessions and visits, so you are advised to secure a place early on in the year. The course comprises:
• A whole day focusing on a rationale for RE, curriculum design, monitoring and evaluating and the SIAMS schedule
• Teachers will work in pairs as reflective partners. These pairings will be agreed at the whole day training. Each school will receive a half day visit from our adviser and their ‘partner’ teacher.
Together we will work as a team to review the RE in your school and identify strengths and areas for development. The other partner school will then receive a visit, where a review will also take place
• A half day follow up session with all the participants presenting one aspect of RE that they have developed within their school as a result of the partnership visit. In addition, time will be given to share next steps and information on how to apply for the RE Quality Mark.
Cost: £280 for all sessions including school visit.
Please note this programme consists of three sessions.
- Thursday 30 April 2020, 9.30am -3.30pm Diocesan House, Lunch provided.
- Half Day Visit in your school. Visit agreed during the first session.
- Wednesday 11 November 2020, 9.30am -12.30pm Diocesan House
Audience: New RE subject leaders, Subject leaders wanting to work towards RE Quality Mark