PCCs roles information & resources
A Parochial Church Council is the governing body of a parish church. It includes the clergy, the churchwardens and members elected at the Annual Parochial Church Meeting. It will typically meet four times a year to discuss and decide on things affecting the parish but larger churches may need more meetings and very small churches may need fewer.
The PCC is a team made up of members of clergy and lay members of the church. Together they are responsible for the overall wellbeing, practical as well as spiritual, of the church, the church members, and the church buildings. All members share equal responsibility for the actions of the PCC.
There is a parish resources website provided by the Church of England’s National Stewardship and Resources team which offers over 400 pages of resources to support all aspects of stewardship, administration and management in the local church.
You can find it here: Home Page – Parish Resources
Four times a year, the Parish Resources Team produce a newsletter providing parishes with the latest news, updates and resources available, including news for:
- Parish treasurers – including information on changes to the accounting rules
- Gift Aid – including changes from HMR
- Charity Registration – updates on what your parish is required to do if you are registered with the Charity Commissio
- Encouraging Giving – good practice for those nuturing giving in their parishe
- Funding and Legacies – funding opportunities and promoting legacy giving
- Sharing Good News – sometimes it’s just nice to hear what other parishes are doing, and doing well
You can sign up to receive the quarterly newsletter here: Follow this link to read the Parish Resources Autumn newsletter
You can also follow the team on Twitter @ParishResources
Related content elsewhere on the website:
Parish data, forms, statistics & maps
APCM forms, Data Protection Forms, Electoral Roll forms, Parish demographics and statistics, Register of Activities and more.Read More
Parish Giving Scheme
The Parish Giving Scheme (PGS) is a service for managing Direct Debit giving, designed to support churches to fund their mission and ministry, and is now available in the Diocese of Norwich.Read More
Legal responsibilities & guidance
Information from the Diocesan Registry about PCCs, patronage, marriage law, church charities and more.Read More