A voluntary group of active youth or children's leaders, or clergy, from all over the Diocese, with a heart for sharing the good news of Christ with children and families.
The Children, Youth & Families Task Force is comprised of individuals from around the Diocese who represent key projects and specific areas of ministry relating to children, young people and families e.g. Schools and Mission Work, Open The Book, Under 5’s.
The Task Force plays an integral part of the Children, Youth & Families team. Each member is passionate about what they do and contributes to conversation about local and national initiatives, project developments and assists with the planning and delivery of events in our own diocese.
This knowledge and expertise is an asset to the Diocese and with the support of the Children, Youth & Families team the Task Force members are keen to champion, assist and see similar ministries taking root and flourishing in other contexts around the diocese.
If you would like specific advice about projects you are running or planning please contact Anna Main and where appropriate we will put you in touch with one of the champions below who has the relevant skills and expertise to help.
- Open the Book, Irene Nickerson
- RE in Schools, Sacred Space Education, Janet Marshall
- CAP Money Kids Course, TLG – Early Intervention Centre, Kid’s Workers Training, Maryanne Richardson
- Prayer Spaces in Schools, Schools work, Parent and Toddler Groups, Under 5’s Work, Constance Tyce
- Discipleship, Identity, Transitioning Children to Youth, Raising up young Worship Leaders, Matt Schwarzenburger
- Parent and Toddler Groups, Under 5’s Work, Rosie Chapman
- Who Let The Dad’s Out?, Men’s Ministry, Prayer Spaces in Schools, Men’s Mental Health, Simon Fenn
What does the Task Force do?
- Organise a programme of training through the year for all those involved in children’s and families work
- Assist in running training and networking events
- Support key events such as the Norfolk Show and Cathedral Education Days by leading on and delivering activities.
- Have a ‘Seeds for Growth’ grant scheme offering match-funded grants of up to £100.
The Task Force meets three times a year and is chaired by Convener, Louise Alder.
Interested in getting involved with the Children and Families Task Force? Have an idea to share?
Contact: Revd Louise Alder
(Vicar, Hellesdon Benefice & Children and Families Task Force Convener)