A voluntary group of active youth or children's leaders, or clergy, from all over the Diocese, with a heart for sharing the good news of Christ with children and families.
The Children, Youth & Families Task Force is currently comprised of fourteen individuals from around the Diocese who represent key projects and specific areas of ministry relating to children, young people and families e.g. Schools and Mission Work, Open The Book, Under 5’s.
The Task Force plays an integral part of the Children, Youth & Families team. Each member is passionate about what they do and contributes to conversation about local and national initiatives, project developments and assists with the planning and delivery of events in our own Diocese.
This knowledge and expertise is an asset to the Diocese and with the support of the Children, Youth & Families team the Task Force members are keen to champion, assist and see similar ministries taking root and flourishing in other contexts around the Diocese.
If you would like specific advice about projects you are running or planning please contact one of the champions below with the relevant skills and expertise who would be delighted to help.
- Open the Book
Irene Nickerson, email@example.com
- Norwich Cathedral, RE in Schools, Sacred Space Education
Janet Marshall, firstname.lastname@example.org / 01603 218320 or 07824 902860
- CAP Money Kids Course, TLG – Early Intervention Centre, Kid’s Workers Training
Maryanne Richardson, email@example.com / 01362 691143
- Prayer Spaces in Schools, Schools work, Toddler Groups,
Constance Tyce, firstname.lastname@example.org / 07919883938
- Discipleship, Identity, Transitioning Children to Youth, Raising up young Worship Leaders
Matthew Scharwenburger, email@example.com
- Toddler Groups
Rosie Chapman, firstname.lastname@example.org / 01603 453851
- Who Let The Dad’s Out?, Men’s Ministry, Prayer Spaces in Schools, Men’s Mental Health
Simon Fenn, email@example.com / 01263 512000
What does the Task Force do?
- Organise a programme of training through the year for all those involved in children’s and families work
- Run training and events with Mothers’ Union and Norwich Cathedral
- Support key events such as the Norfolk Show, Play and Praise and Cathedral Education Days by supplying activities led by our volunteers
- Have a ‘Seeds for Growth’ grant scheme offering match-funded grants of up to £100.
The Task Force meets three times a year and is chaired by Convener, Louise Alder.
Interested in getting involved with the Children and Families Task Force? Have an idea to share?
Contact: Revd Louise Alder
(Vicar, Hellesdon Benefice & Children and Families Task Force Convener)