Faculty Applications

What does and doesn't need a Faculty?

Repairs and alterations can now be undertaken under List A (no permission needed), List B (authorised by an archdeacon), or under Faculty. Please consult this list to ascertain which category your proposed works fall into.


Online Faculty Application System

You can now apply for a faculty or List B approval via the online system, which can be found here:

Click here to apply for a Faculty.

Further information relating to faculty jurisdiction, including the items below, can be found on the Legal (Registry) pages.

  • Faculty Application Process
  • Timetable
  • Emergency work
  • Trees
  • Listed Buildings and Treasures
  • Statements of Significance and Need
  • National Amenity Societies
  • Planning Permission
  • Completion of Works
  • VAT on Alterations to Listed Buildings