Church Building Ambassadors
Local and experienced volunteers who support parishes undertaking projects to repair or alter their church buildings.
The Church Building Ambassadors are experienced volunteers who can help churches with a whole range of tasks and queries. The network of Church Building Ambassadors has been built up of people with diverse skills and experience, very familiar with the challenges the churches are facing and willing to help.
Among the tasks the Ambassadors have been involved in are:
• NLHF applications
• Other funding applications/identifying sources and assisting with writing
• Online Faculty applications/preparing relevant documents for DAC
• Maintenance and understanding QIRs
• Establishment of Friends Groups
• Producing a business plan/managing funds
• Welcome and tourism
• Identifying historic and architectural value of buildings/producing statements of need and significance
• Community involvement and outreach
An Ambassador would be happy to give you a one-off advice or guide you through a project or a task. Ambassadors, however, are not professional advisors but should be seen instead as experienced colleagues and critical friends.
If you would like to ask an Ambassador for help, please get in touch with Ana on firstname.lastname@example.org.