A Parish Stewardship Health Checklist
Have you prepared a budget showing your expected income and expenditure for the coming year, and communicated it to the PCC, congregation(s) and wider church family/parishioners?
Here are some top tips:
- Keep a copy on the noticeboard and for the parish magazine
- Confirm dates in the parish diary for the annual Parish Gift Day
- Plan your annual Parish Stewardship Sunday
- At the year-end write to your regular planned givers thanking them for their donations and if applicable confirming the amount on which you will be reclaiming tax (helpful when filling in your personal tax return)
- Check Gift Aid envelopes are available with pens for occasional donations not eligible under the Gift Aid Small Donations Scheme (GASDS)
- Ensure that at each PCC Meeting there is a full finance report on the progress for the year to date
- Encourage the involvement of others other than the PCC to take an interest in the finances of the church
- Organise a time for the whole church family to see how they feel they are responding to what God Gives them in the giving back of their time, talents abilities and possessions
- Does your leadership team preach on Christian giving and encourage people to review what they give and make their giving regular?
Please go through the above and if you can tick them all then that’s great – you are already doing a good job; if only a few less then maybe it’s time to discuss stewardship within the parish; if not many then let’s get together and see how I can help. My contact details are to the left.
This article is from...
Articles in this issue...
Practical winter maintenance of churches
With winter now upon us there are some useful steps that we can undertake to minimise the risk of cold-weather related incidents.More
The sweet smell of success!
Many of you will know that in my working life horticulture has been my occupation for 50 years.More
Management of church records – what you need to know
We are often asked by parishes what they should do with various church records. In short, it depends on what they are!More
How we enhanced regular giving in the benefice
“The results confounded even the most cautious of our people”More
A crisis often brings out the best in people
When All Saints’ Church in Kings Lynn was burgled in October 2014, it was a blow to the congregation who had striven to open up the church to visitors.More
£15,000 per year pledged in a day
St Mark’s and St Luke’s, Oulton Broad are engaged in fundraising for an exciting new project to appoint an Associate Minister to take charge of their work amongst children, youth and young families.More
Building for the future in Poringland
The Revd Robert Parsonage, Rector, writes: “The Rector and two Churchwardens of All Saints Church Poringland, by virtue of their office, are the trustees of Poringland Village Hall with overall responsibility for its management.More