Meets three times a year to consider matters affecting the Church of England in the diocese. It acts as a forum for debate of Christian opinion on matters of religious or public interest and it formulates diocesan policy on a wide range of issues.
Every diocese has its own Diocesan Synod which consists of the bishops and archdeacons and elected laity and clergy.
- consider matters affecting the Church of England in the diocese;
- act as a forum for debate of Christian opinion on matters of religious or public interest;
- formulates diocesan policy on a wide range of issues;
- advise the bishop where requested;
- deal with matters referred by General Synod; and
- votes the funding of stipends and administration to be raised from the parishes.
Forthcoming dates 2021-2022
- 6 November 2021
- 26 March 2022
- 4 or 18 June 2022 (TBC)
- 15 October 2022
Diocesan Synod elections
These are the forms you will need for the upcoming elections:
- Specimen combined Notice of Election and Nomination Form (Form A)
- Information for Prospective Candidates (Form B)
- List of Numbers of Clergy and Laity to be elected from each Deanery (Form C)
- Specimen Voting Paper (Form D)
- Certificate of the Election Results (Form E)
For further guidance, please see the Diocesan Synod Election Guide.
Documents and downloads
Committee members can download documents through the secure area of the website.
Click here to log in and view available files.
Diocesan Synod approved some minor amendments to the Synod’s Standing Orders at its meeting on 15 June 2013. A copy of the revised Standing Orders may be found below:
Annual Review & Summarised Accounts
Minutes of Diocesan Synod are publicly available below: