Meets three times a year to consider matters affecting the Church of England in the diocese. It acts as a forum for debate of Christian opinion on matters of religious or public interest and it formulates diocesan policy on a wide range of issues.
Every diocese has its own Diocesan Synod which consists of the bishops and archdeacons and elected laity and clergy.
- consider matters affecting the Church of England in the diocese;
- act as a forum for debate of Christian opinion on matters of religious or public interest;
- formulates diocesan policy on a wide range of issues;
- advise the bishop where requested;
- deal with matters referred by General Synod; and
- votes the funding of stipends and administration to be raised from the parishes.
Forthcoming dates 2023
- 18 March 2023
- 21 June 2023
- 18 November 2023
Documents and downloads
Committee members can download documents through the secure area of the website.
Click here to log in and view available files.
Diocesan Synod approved some minor amendments to the Synod’s Standing Orders at its meeting in March 2021. A copy of the revised Standing Orders may be found below:
Annual Review & Summarised Accounts
Minutes of Diocesan Synod are publicly available below: