Advising the Bishop on matters of policy and pastoral supervision.
Under the constitution of the Diocesan Synod, Bishop’s Council has the following functions:
- To plan the business of the Synod, to prepare the agenda for its sessions and to circulate to members information about matters for discussion;
- To initiate proposals for action by the Synod and to advise it on matters of policy;
- To advise the President on any matter;
- Subject to the directions of the Synod, to transact the business of the Synod when the Synod is not in session;
- Subject to the directions of the Synod, to appoint members of committees or nominate individuals for election to committees;
- To carry out such functions as the Synod may delegate to it.
The Bishop’s Council also acts as the Diocesan Mission and Pastoral Committee fulfilling the following functions:
- Reviewing arrangements for pastoral supervision and care in the Diocese
- Preparing proposals including pastoral schemes for making better provision for the cure of souls in the Diocese having regard for the finances of the Diocese
- Policy with regard to church buildings no longer required for regular public worship.
Meeting Dates 2020
- Friday 31 January – Saturday 1 February
- Wednesday 13 May (Joint meeting with the Executive Committee of the DBF)
- Thursday 10 September
- Thursday 19 November
Documents and downloads
Committee members can download documents through the secure area of the website.
Click here to log in and view available files.