Advising the Bishop on matters of policy and pastoral supervision.
Under the constitution of the Diocesan Synod, Bishop’s Council has the following functions:
- To plan the business of the Synod, to prepare the agenda for its sessions and to circulate to members information about matters for discussion;
- To initiate proposals for action by the Synod and to advise it on matters of policy;
- To advise the President on any matter;
- Subject to the directions of the Synod, to transact the business of the Synod when the Synod is not in session;
- Subject to the directions of the Synod, to appoint members of committees or nominate individuals for election to committees;
- To carry out such functions as the Synod may delegate to it.
The Bishop’s Council also acts as the Diocesan Mission and Pastoral Committee fulfilling the following functions:
- Reviewing arrangements for pastoral supervision and care in the Diocese
- Preparing proposals including pastoral schemes for making better provision for the cure of souls in the Diocese having regard for the finances of the Diocese
- Policy with regard to church buildings no longer required for regular public worship.
Meeting Dates 2021-22
- 12 October 2021
- 25 November 2021
- 11 January 2022
- 3 March 2022
- 21 May 2021
- 14 July 2022
- 10 September 2022
- 17 November 2022
Documents and downloads
Committee members can download documents through the secure area of the website.
Click here to log in and view available files.