Opening dates & times
Dates and times the Bishop's Gardens are open during 2020.
The Bishop’s Gardens will be opened again in 2020 for the use of local charities. In 2019, despite the reduced number of days the gardens helped to raise £18,679 for local charities. Due to COVID-19, some of the open days have had to be cancelled; please see details below.
The charities for spring/summer 2020 are:
- 19 April It’s on the Ball – cancelled
- 3 May TimeNorfolk – cancelled
- 17 May Hebron Trust – cancelled
- 24 May Norwich Puppet Theatre – cancelled
- 31 May Headway – cancelled
- 7 June YMCA Norfolk – cancelled
- 14 June King’s Lynn Night Shelter – cancelled
- 28 June National Garden Scheme – cancelled
- 5 July Norwich Foodbank – cancelled, but the garden will be open for the Bishop’s Papua New Guinea appeal
- 12 July The Papillon Project
- 26 July Friends of Horsey Seals
- 2 August King’s Lynn Night Shelter
- 9 August National Garden Scheme
Having taken advice, social distancing, a one way system and hand sanitising will all be observed on each day. Numbers will be strictly limited with entry at 10.30am, 12.30pm, and 2.30pm for a 90 minute period. There will be gaps for the charity team to clean chairs and handrails.
Unfortunately, no catering will be provided but you are welcome to bring your own picnic.
Plant and some other sales using a contactless card, or ‘cash in bucket’, system will be operating.
We will post details here about how to book tickets, or please contact the charity directly. Admission price is £5 per adult and accompanied children under 16 years and wheelchair users are free. Assistance Dogs only.
Bishop Graham and Rachel would be delighted if you were able to join them on one of these days.
Private Tours for groups can be arranged at mutually convenient times through the Bishop’s Assistant Secretary – email: email@example.com