Reporting a safeguarding concern
Safeguarding is everyone's responsibility.
If you have a safeguarding concern, allegation or suspicions of abuse about a child or vulnerable adult please immediately contact the Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser (contact details below).
- a child or adult in Norfolk call 0344 800 8020
- a child or adult in Suffolk call 0808 800 4005
Both of our Safeguarding Advisers can be contacted on:
Postal address: Safeguarding Team, Bishop’s House, Norwich NR3 1SB
If you wish to directly contact one of the advisers, their contact details are:
Sue Brice, Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser
07958 377079 or email@example.com
Bishop’s House, Norwich, NR3 1SB
Or alternatively, contact Peter Sayer, Diocesan Assistant Safeguarding Adviser
07342 999386 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Bishop’s House, Norwich NR3 1SB.
Safe Spaces: an independent service supporting survivors of church-related abuse
Launched in September 2020, this service offers support to survivors of church-related abuse whether or not a report has been made. This independent service is run by the charity Victim Support and funded by the Church of England together with the Catholic Church in England and Wales and the Church in Wales. It is free to access via telephone, email or web-chat.
Other useful contacts:
- NSPCC Helpline 0808 800 5000
- Childline 0800 1111
- Harbour Centre (Sexual Assualt Referral Centre) Norfolk 01603 276381
- The Ferns (Sexual Assault Referral Centre) Suffolk 0300 123 5058
- Refuge, Domestic abuse (women and men) 020 7395 7771
- MACSAS (Minister and Clergy Sexual Abuse Survivors) 0808 801 0340
- NAPAC (National Association for People Abused in Childhood) 0808 801 0331