PlayVan: mobile play groups
PlayVan aims to establish, support and encourage sustainable groups where adults and children can have fun and learn through play in an innovative and exciting way.
The Diocese of Norwich’s PlayVan works with children primarily under statutory school age alongside parishes, by:
- running baby and toddler groups
- working in partnership to identify new opportunities
- supporting and recruiting volunteers
- linking different parts of local communities
Quotes from our feedback forms:
“It’s our highlight of the week we make sure our little boy doesn’t go to nursery that day!”
“The toys provided are lovely quality, varied and very creative.”
“It gives me a chance to be in the moment and have quality time with my son.”
“I have been able to have sociable time with adults and my child has become more sociable.”
At present we are operating in the following locations:-
- Baconsthorpe – Tuesday 10am – 12pm at Baconsthorpe Village Hall
- Walsingham – Wednesdays 9 – 11am at Walsingham Primary School
- Southrepps – every third Wednesday 10am – 12pm at St James Church
- Brisley – Thursdays 1.30 – 3.10pm at Brisley Primary Academy
- Hindringham – Fridays 9 – 11am at Hindringham Primary School
For more information please contact Robert Culyer – Chair of Trustees:
Tel: 01603 882326
Giving and Donating:
The PlayVan is a charitable organisation which relies on ongoing grants and donations to continue funding its work.
If you would like to donate towards the work of the PlayVan you can do so in the following ways:
Standing order or direct debit
Donors can either make a one off donation or set up a monthly direct debit or standing order. Please contact the treasurer Ben Tooke – firstname.lastname@example.org who will be happy to arrange this for your.
The PlayVan welcomes legacies, however large or small. Even a few hundred pounds can make a big difference to the work that we do. We are a self funding trust that relies on financial support from many sources. We are dependent on this funding to be able to do the great work we do with families who no access to pre-school provision in rural Norfolk.
If you would like more information about leaving the PlayVan a legacy please contact Robert Culyer on email@example.com