Bishop Alan was consecrated Suffragan Bishop ofThetford by the Archbishop of Canterbury on 29 September 2009 at St Paul's Cathedral in London.
Born in 1958, Bishop Alan trained for the ordained ministry at Lincoln Theological College. Before ordination he worked for Shell and then completed a PhD in Biblical Studies at Sheffield University before moving to Strasbourg to work with the European Ecumenical Commission for Church and Society. Following his ordination in 1991, he served his curacy in the Diocese of London before moving to the Diocese of St Albans to be Vicar of Walden and Continuing Ministerial Education Officer, responsible for the in-service training of the clergy.
In 1999 he moved to Welwyn where he ministered for ten years. He is married to Pippa, who was ordained in 1994 and works as a counsellor in a Hospice for the past fifteen years. They have two daughters.
Tel: 01953 528010
Post: Herfast House, 5 Vicar Street, Wymondham, NR18 0PL
PA: Graham Cossey firstname.lastname@example.org