Every diocese has its own Diocesan Synod which consists of the bishops and archdeacons and elected laity and clergy.
- consider matters affecting the Church of England in the diocese;
- act as a forum for debate of Christian opinion on matters of religious or public interest;
- formulates diocesan policy on a wide range of issues;
- advise the bishop where requested;
- deal with matters referred by General Synod;
- votes the funding of stipends and administration to be raised from the parishes.
Future meetings will be held on:
- Saturday 25 March Weston Room, Norwich Cathedral
- Saturday 10 June St Luke's, New Catton Norwich
- Saturday 21 October Northgate High School, East Dereham
Documents and downloads
Committee members can download documents through the secure area of the website.
Click here to log in and view available files.
Diocesan Synod approved some minor amendments to the Synod's Standing Orders at its meeting on 15 June 2013. A copy of the revised Standing Orders may be found below:
Diocesan Synod Standing Orders (.pdf / 220kb)
Minutes of Diocesan Synod are publicly available below: