Under the constitution of the Diocesan Synod, Bishop's Council has the following functions:
- To plan the business of the Synod, to prepare the agenda for its sessions and to circulate to members information about matters for discussion;
- To initiate proposals for action by the Synod and to advise it on matters of policy;
- To advise the President on any matter;
- Subject to the directions of the Synod, to transact the business of the Synod when the Synod is not in session;
- Subject to the directions of the Synod, to appoint members of committees or nominate individuals for election to committees;
- To carry out such functions as the Synod may delegate to it.
The Bishop’s Council also acts as the Diocesan Mission and Pastoral Committee fulfilling the following functions;
- Reviewing arrangements for pastoral supervision and care in the Diocese
- Preparing proposals including pastoral schemes for making better provision for the cure of souls in the Diocese having regard for the finances of the Diocese
- Policy with regard to church buildings no longer required for regular public worship.
- Thursday 22nd September 2016
- Friday 18th November - Sunday 20th November 2016
- Thursday 9th February 2017
- Thursday 17th May 2017 (Joint meeting with the Executive Committee of the DBF)
- Thursday 7th September 2017
- Friday 17th November - Sunday 19th November 2017
Documents and downloads
Committee members can download documents through the secure area of the website.
Click here to log in and view available files.